Friday, January 14, 2011
3:18 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
No verbal rambling from me today--just an amazing cupcake recipe. Black Bottom Cupcakes--the best of two worlds. A rich chocolate cupcake surrounding a creamy cheesecake filling--a cheesecake filling studded with bittersweet chocolate. Heaven! Drop what you're doing, and go make these now. They are easy, and so, so delicious. They are even better the day after you make them (if you have any left), so get to it! You don't even need your mixer for this, just a couple bowls and a whisk. Enjoy!
Source: Brown-Eyed Baker
For the Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
For the Cupcakes:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
5 tablespoons naturally unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Filling: Beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in chopped chocolate pieces. Set aside.
Make the Cupcakes:
1. Adjust the rack to the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin, or line the tin with paper muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.*
In separate bowl mix together the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, stirring just until smooth. Stir any longer and you will over mix the batter and end up with less-than-tender cupcakes.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Spoon a few tablespoons of the filling into the center of each cupcake, dividing the filling evenly. This will fill the cups almost completely, which is fine.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden brown and the cupcakes feel springy when gently pressed. These moist treats will keep unrefrigerated for 2 to 3 days if stored in an airtight container.**
*I do not own a proper sifter, I just use a mesh strainer.
**I refrigerate these cupcakes, if I have any left. They taste best (to me) chilled.
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.