Wednesday, January 5, 2011
3:44 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
(My Baking Addiction) for Symphony Brownies--made with Hershey's Symphony chocolate bars. The photo of the brownies looked divine, and her recipes never disappoint. Must bake! I was in the mood for brownies, and desperately needed to take myself to the grocery store (hungry kids, ya' know...) anyway. No big deal to add Symphony bars to the (long) list.
I have changed my tune with regard to candy bars--or at least Symphony bars when they are wrapped in BROWNIE!
Let me just say, anything that starts with these ingredients is going to be good! It just is...
This is a great brownie recipe--so easy, so good. Try it and see for yourself!
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 (4.5 ounce) Symphony Chocolate bars; broken into little rectangles
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil, and butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl (slowly and at low power-don't burn the chocolate!) for 2-3 minutes (30 seconds at a time) or until butter is melted.
3. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar and add in eggs, vanilla and salt. Whisk until smooth. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
4. Spread ½ the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Symphony bar rectangles and cover with remaining ½ of brownie batter. Gently spread the batter, making it smooth and even. Bake for 30 - 32 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Let brownies cool completely on a rack before cutting.
Source: My Baking Addiction
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.