Tuesday, March 22, 2011
11:31 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
I have a little something different for you today--something crafty. Never fear, I'll be back with a sweet recipe for the next post.
I recently attended a Stella & Dot jewelry party.
Ever since that party, I've found myself enamored with dangly earrings. I find them wherever I am shopping. I buy them wherever I am shopping. I've amassed quite a little collection of dangly earrings. I heart them...very much. :)
What's the point here, you might ask?!
My point is that I had no way to properly store and display the little cuties. So...I made my self something to handle this job and it works quite well. Storage, organization and display-all in one!
I ran across this adorable idea on Kevin & Amanda, and I had everything to make this earring organizer already in my home--whoopee! Love when that happens.
I used a 12 x 12 wooden frame, picture hanging wire and a staple gun. I will readily admit to needing assistance with the staple gun from my manly man--staple guns are scary. Yikes.
Please see Kevin & Amanda's tutorial if you would like more detailed instructions. Here's my highly technical adaptation: :)
1. Get a frame. (Paint it if you're ambitious...I was not feeling the paint, so my frame is bare and I like it that way.)
2. Get some picture hanging wire.
3. String the wire across the frame horizontally.
4. Politely ask someone who is not afraid of a staple gun to staple the ends of the wire to the frame. Or not, if you have no fear of an implement that violently expels very sharp staples. Go on and do it yourself.
5. Hang your earrings and admire!
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bars
- Little Bitty Design Studio
- A Crafty Thing: Earring Organizer
- Marshmallow Pops
- Irish Cream Cupcakes--Two Ways
- Sneak Peek
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- My Nemesis
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Bars
- Spicy Black Bean Burritos
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.