Tuesday, March 29, 2011
7:42 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
You all know that I enjoy some chocolate. Okay...lots and lots of chocolate. Sometimes though, when I'm in the mood for something other than chocolate, blondies hit the spot. I adore this blondie recipe. It has lovely swirls of lightly sweetened cream cheese running through it. I love the way the brown sugar and cream cheese taste together. Scrumptious! These little treats are not overly sweet and they are highly addictive.
Try them, try them, you will see!
Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
Source: Martha Stewart
Yield: 9 large or 16 small squares
Ingredients:11 tablespoons (1 stick plus 3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
1 2/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a greased 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Grease parchment; set pan aside.
2. Whisk together 1 2/3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside.
3. Put 9 tablespoons butter and the brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, mix, scraping down sides of bowl, until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Put cream cheese, granulated sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla into the clean bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat on medium speed until just smooth.
5. Pour half the blondie batter into prepared pan, and spread evenly with an offset spatula. Spoon two-thirds of cream-cheese mixture on top, and spread evenly. Drop dollops of remaining batter on top (spacing about 1 inch apart), and spread. Top with dollops of remaining cream-cheese mixture, about 1 inch apart. Gently swirl cream cheese mixture into batter with a butter knife, running the knife lengthwise and crosswise through layers.
6. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into center comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before lifting the bars out of the pan and cutting into squares.
This post is linked to: Sweets for a Saturday
and Made It On Monday
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bars
- Little Bitty Design Studio
- A Crafty Thing: Earring Organizer
- Marshmallow Pops
- Irish Cream Cupcakes--Two Ways
- Sneak Peek
- Brown Butter Blondies
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- My Nemesis
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Bars
- Spicy Black Bean Burritos
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.