Monday, April 4, 2011
4:09 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
This is a story of dark chocolate dreams and a brownie that tastes like a cookie.
It has a very sweet ending. :)
My kids do not eat much...they are scrawny little people. In a desperate attempt to add a little protein and variety to their diet, I sometimes put a peanut-butter sandwich in their lunchboxes. This never goes over well, and I truly don't understand how they cannot love peanut butter. I've discussed my peanut-butter problem once before. It's good stuff. Why don't they like it?
So...I saw this little gem at the grocery store recently.
Hello, Lover! Peanut butter blended with dark chocolate! Are you kidding me?
Even adding Mr. Dark Chocolate Dreams to their little sandwiches did not do the trick. Peanut butter is still a no go with the little scrawnsters. I know, I couldn't believe it either. It's very sad. So, I found another use for this deliciousness in a jar--Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies.
Make some! You can use regular peanut butter or Nutella. I could only detect the faintest hint of peanut flavor. These bars were really just like eating a chocolate chip cookie and a brownie at the same time- and that's a happy thing. :)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
Source: adapted from Evil Shenanigans
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons dark chocolate peanut butter, Nutella or creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; spray the paper with non-stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, chopped chocolate, and dark chocolate peanut butter. Melt in the microwave until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl combine the second 3 tablespoons of butter, sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Whisk until no large lumps of flour remain then spread it evenly in the prepared pan. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until blended. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until most of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the cookie dough into the brownie batter and spread slightly. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges are just set and the center does not wobble when the pan is shaken. Cool completely. Remove bars from pan and cut into small squares.
This recipe is linked to: What's Cooking Wednesday
and Sweets for a Saturday
and Made it On Monday
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- Teacher Appreciation
- Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
- Everyday Chicken Risotto
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Easy Sugar Cookies
- Banana Crunch Muffins
- Nutmeg Coffee Cake
- Rock n' Roll Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
- Lemon Limoncello Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- Roasted Pepper Pasta Salad
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.