Wednesday, May 4, 2011
8:22 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Ah yes, friends-the Oreo Cookie! What's not to love? Crunchy, creamy, chocolate goodness in a cute little cookie. Not only are Oreos yummy straight out of the bag, but you can stir them into brownies...swirl a little bit of sweetened cream cheese around...and viola, you have Oreo Swirl Brownies. My heavens! They are so, so fantastic. The brownie layer is lightly sweet and fudge-alicious, you have a little bit of crunch from the cookies, and the cream cheese swirls are like little pillows of cheesecake--a slammin' combination, folks.
(Do we still say "slammin'?)
I sometimes add a little drizzle of semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate to the top of the brownies--when I'm feeling especially naughty. It just feels right somehow. You can leave the drizzle off though, and these brownies will still be AMAZING! Trust!
Oreo Swirl Brownies
Source: slightly adapted from Annie's Eats
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line an 9 x 13” baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; whisk together to combine. Add the eggs to the pan with the butter-sugar mixture and whisk until well blended. Whisk in the milk. Transfer the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the Oreo cookie pieces. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Make the cream cheese mixture: combine the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium-high speed until well-blended and smooth. Drop the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter in dollops. Use the blade of a knife to gently swirl the cream cheese mixture together with the brownie batter, creating a marble effect.
5. Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before slicing and serving. (*After the brownies cool to room temperature, refrigerate for a couple hours before cutting them, it makes it a bit easier.)
This recipe is linked to: What's Cooking Wednesday
Made it on Monday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Fun with Food Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- Blueberry Pound Cake
- One Cupcake...Two Ways
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Malted Espresso Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Zucchini Bread with Lemon-Buttermilk Glaze
- Star Wars Cupcakes
- Tortellini Soup with Caramelized Onions and Mushro...
- Oreo Swirl Brownies
- Yellow Cake Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.