Sunday, May 15, 2011
7:24 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Candy, candy, candy!
Seriously...it's embarrassing how much candy I have tucked away in my pantry. I need it though! For baking--it's sometimes essential to my craft, friends!
My craft, I tell you!
Without candy, I couldn't give you tasty treats like:
Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
I wouldn't be able to tell you about these cookies either, because they too contain CANDY!
So yeah, I don't know why exactly I picked that particular cookie to put on top of the stack up there. I know it looks a little skimpy on the PB cups. The rest of the cookies had lots of PB cups, just not this one.
Skimping is not cool.
So! Bust open that bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup minis that you couldn't resist buying at Easter and make these cookies. You'll be glad you did.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Source: my handy, trustworthy and very old book: Hershey's Best Loved Recipes
yield: about 2 dozen
get the printable recipe here
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy (I like crunchy)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
26-28 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, unwrapped and cut into fourths
1. Preheat oven to 350. Use ungreased cookie sheets or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter in medium bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture; blend well. Very, very gently fold in about 3/4 of the peanut butter cups. Scoop the cookies (about 2 Tbsp each) out onto the ungreased or lined cookie sheets. Push a couple of the reserved peanut butter cups into each cookie, flattening slightly.
3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Centers will be pale and slightly soft. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet and then move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
This post is linked to: Melt in Your Mouth Monday
What's Cooking Wednesday
Made It On Monday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- Blueberry Pound Cake
- One Cupcake...Two Ways
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
- Candy Bar Brownies
- Malted Espresso Cupcakes with Coffee Buttercream
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Zucchini Bread with Lemon-Buttermilk Glaze
- Star Wars Cupcakes
- Tortellini Soup with Caramelized Onions and Mushro...
- Oreo Swirl Brownies
- Yellow Cake Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.