Thursday, July 21, 2011
6:00 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Something simple and fabulous today...Cream Cheese Brownies. These little brownies are very fudgey and loaded with mini-chocolate chips and swirls of cheesecake.
See! Simple, but oh so wonderful.
Make some today!
Cream Cheese Brownies
Source: Marcy Goldman's The New Best of Better Baking
For the cream cheese layer:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp flour
For the brownie layer:
1/3 cup unsalted butter
4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9x9 or 7x11 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. For the cream cheese layer, combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Blend well. Stir in the egg, vanilla, and flour until smooth. Set aside.
3. For the brownie layer, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until smooth and let cool.
4. Stir the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt into the chocolate mixture. Slowly stir in flour until blended and smooth.
5. Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan. Drop on dollops of the cream cheese batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then top with remaining brownie batter by placing small dollops on top of the cream cheese batter. Using a knife, cut through the batters to marbleize. Gently smooth the top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cream cheese swirl is just set. Let cool on wire rack, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
* These are best served slightly chilled, they have a denser texture and are much easier to cut.
This post is linked to: Sweet Treats Thursday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Totally Tasty Tuesday
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday
Fun With Food Friday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.