Tuesday, August 9, 2011
7:22 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Bananas, bananas, bananas!
I always have bananas languishing in my fruit bowl. We never seem to eat all of the banana bunch that I buy every week. You know what that means! Banana baked yummy stuff!
One might think that I over-buy bananas on purpose. :) Maybe I do!
(Mmmmwwwhahahaha...sinister plots, that's all I'm good for.)
This time around, I made Chocolate Chip Banana Snack Cake.
It has a hint of cinnamon in the streusel layer, which tasted great with the banana flavor and chocolate chips. I was pleasantly surprised, as I sort of hesitated to add cinnamon to something with chocolate chips. It worked though! It worked very nicely. Give it a try...you know you have bananas that need to be used. Use them or lose them, friends! Brown Banana Power! :)
Chocolate Chip Banana Snack Cake
Source: slightly adapted from Back to the Cutting Board
3/4 chocolate chips
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 large)
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8" baking pan or line with parchment paper.
2. Prepare streusel layer: Stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, and cinnamon in small bowl until well blended; set aside.
3. Sift all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar, room temperature butter, and egg in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in mashed bananas and buttermilk. Add dry ingredients and blend well.
5. Spread half of batter (about 2 cups) in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with half of streusel mixture. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel.
6. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
This post is linked to: Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday
What's Cooking Wednesday
Sweet Treats Thursday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.