Friday, August 26, 2011
1:43 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
I love a Rolo. I do!
Chocolate and caramel, I mean really, there is no better combination, in my humble opinion. Now, add some Rolos to a chocolate cupcake...shut the front door!
Not only is there a cute little Rolo adorning the top of this cupcake, there's also a Rolo baked in the center.
Oh yeah, I'm bad.
I can't take credit for dreaming up these gems. I saw them on My Baking Addiction and I've been counting the minutes until I could make them! They are divine, incredibly rich and so worth the trip to the gym to erase the guilt.
There are so many ridiculous things going on in this cupcake. Ridiculously delicious things.
I've already mentioned the fact that the chocolate cupcake has a Rolo baked inside. Then there is the caramel buttercream, the chocolate ganache drizzle and another Rolo. Help me!
You need to make these soon. You really do. They're easy friends! They start with a cake mix. I know! Don't be hatin' on the cake mix though. That's not nice. Trust me, the cake mix will help you get these cupcakes made and in your belly faster, and that's a good thing. So, get to it!
Source: My Baking Addiction
For the cupcakes
1 (18.25 ounce) package Devil’s Food Cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup warm water
1 teaspoon of vanilla
24 frozen Rolos (freeze for at least 2 hours)
For the frosting
4 sticks unsalted butter; room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
⅓ cup caramel syrup
1 1/2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
For the ganache
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla
24 Rolos for garnish
Prepare the cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line two 12 cup muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, water and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
4. Evenly divide the batter amongst the prepared pans.
5. Gently push a frozen Rolo into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy with batter.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch. (A small divot may appear in the center of the cupcake, but it will be covered with frosting.)
7. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.
For the frosting:
1. Cream the butter in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer. Add the vanilla extract, salt and caramel syrup and combine well.
2. Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel syrup. For thicker frosting you can gradually add in a little more sugar.
For the ganache:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the heavy cream until very hot, but not boiling.
2. Place chocolate pieces in a heat safe bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes. Whisk the cream and chocolate until smooth and thoroughly combined. Whisk in the honey, corn syrup, and vanilla. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Do not let the ganache sit for too long or it will harden up before you spoon it over the frosting.
3. Spoon the ganache on the tops of the frosted cupcakes, allowing it to drip down the sides a little bit. (Don’t add too much, or it will drip all over your liners.)
4. Top each cupcake with a Rolo.
5. Store cupcakes in the refrigerator. Remove them to room temperature one hour before serving.
This post is linked to: Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Recipe Sharing Monday
These Chicks Cooked
Cast Party Wednesday
What's Cooking Wednesday
What I Made Wednesday
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday
Sweet Treats Thursday
Fresh Food Friday
Sweet Tooth Friday
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.