Wednesday, September 7, 2011
3:38 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Alright! Who remembers this "vintage" Reese's Peanut Butter Cup television ad?
I do! I'm pretty sure I was begging my dear mother for CANDY about 13 seconds after it ended. I've come to terms with my oldness, but frankly, I'm a little perturbed by the fact that commercials from my youth are termed "vintage" on You Tube. Vintage? Really?
You know what else is bothering me about this commercial? A guy strutting down the sidewalk eating a chocolate bar. That I can see. I get it. But! A girl walking down the street, sticking her fingers in a jar of peanut butter and licking those fingers. Ewwwww! I think I would have to say "no thanks" if my chocolate bar fell in that jar of peanut butter. You can just keep it, chickie.
Anyway! I thought that would be funny to share. I always think of that commercial whenever I make something with peanut butter and chocolate. It's such a great combination.
So, let's get to the good stuff. Here they are...Peanut Butter Cup Brownies!
I know...I know, I know, I know! I know, because I ate 12 of them.
The picture says it all.
Fudge-alicious Brownie + Peanut Butter Cups = Just give me the whole pan...really!
I've mentioned that I have a little love for chocolate and peanut butter before. Check these out if you want to make your head spin.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies Treats
My Dirty Secret Addiction
Now, get out your 80's music and make some brownies!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Source: My Baking Addiction
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
10 regular size Reese’s peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Microwave chocolate chips and butter in microwave, using 30 second increments. Stir until smooth. Whisk in the cocoa powder and espresso powder. Set aside.
3. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and salt until combined.
4. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Stir in the flour until just combined.
6. Fold chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups into batter.
7. Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly and level the surface with a rubber spatula.
8. Bake approximately 35-40 minutes. Brownies will be slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean. Cool to room temperature for about 2 hours. Cut into small squares.
This post is linked to: These Chicks Cooked
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.