Wednesday, October 26, 2011
7:54 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Hello, hello! Here is one more quick Halloweenish post before the big day. And yes, I'm still using up that opened bag of candy corn. I saw the directions for this cake in a Land O'Lakes Fall Favorites magazine. Is anyone else weak when it comes to those recipe magazines near the check out at the grocery store? I cannot resist!
Anyway...I thought the cake was super cute and just perfect for my hubby's birthday last weekend.
I made a strawberry cake, as that's one of my husband's favorites, but you can put this treat together with any cake. You just need to bake a cake in a 9 x 13" pan. It's so simple to make and put together.
1. Line the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan with parchment or wax paper. Grease the pan before you line the bottom and then grease the paper. Bake your favorite cake in the prepared pan. Let it cool completely. At this point, I removed my cake from the pan, left the paper on and wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap. I put it in the freezer for about an hour. I wanted it to be easy to cut without falling apart or getting crumbs everywhere. Make sense?
2. While the cake is chilling, make your favorite buttercream.
3. Get your cold cake and remove the paper and plastic wrap. Lay it on a cutting board and cut a triangle from the corners of one short side to a point in the middle on the other short side. You should have two triangles on each side after you cut it. They'll be a little thinner than the first triangle, and that's good. You want to be able to combine the thinner triangles into one triangle to top the first one.
4. Lay the larger triangle on a cake board and frost the top. Put the two thinner triangles on top and trim if necessary. I used some frosting to "glue" the two thin triangles together.
5. Frost the whole cake and decorate with white, yellow and orange sparkling sugar or sprinkles. Decorate the bottom of the cake with candy corn.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a very Happy Halloween!
This post is linked to: These Chicks Cooked
What's Cooking Wednesday
Cast Party Wednesday
Crazy Sweet Tuesdays
This Week's Cravings
Sweet Treats Thursday
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.