Monday, October 24, 2011
7:13 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles, folks. They are bad news. Bad news for zippers and buttons. I've graduated to granny stretchy waist pants, so I'm not too worried. Just consider yourself warned, these truffles are sooo bad, bad, bad, BAD! And by bad, I'm mean so freakin' good, you won't care that you've eaten 29 of them and still want more.
By now, I think that all of America has tried a Cookies and Cream/Oreo truffle. If you haven't, you need to get on that right away. I mean it, click here and then go straight to your kitchen and make them. There are tons of recipes for these little nuggets of bliss, all of them basically the same and so easy. This is how it goes:
Crushed Oreos + Cream Cheese x Dipping Chocolate = Tears of Happiness
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles are the same concept. I saw them on Cookies and Cups a very long time ago and I've just finally made them. I'm kicking myself for not making them sooner...and for eating 29 of them and still wanting more.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
Source: Cookies and Cups
1. Using a food processor, crush one 12 oz. package of chocolate chip cookies (Chips Ahoy, matey!) until finely ground. You can also arm a small child with a rolling pin and a plastic bag filled with the cookies. That's fun for everyone.
2. Dump the cookie crumbs into a large bowl and add 4 oz. softened cream cheese.
3. Stir, stir and stir some more until the mixture is very well combined.
4. Roll the mixture into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill the little balls for just a bit, maybe an hour. (You can get between 25-30 balls.)
5. Melt some dipping chocolate and start dipping.
This post is proudly linked to: Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Totally Tasty Tuesdays
These Chicks Cooked
What's Cooking Wednesday
Cast Party Wednesday
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
This Week's Cravings
Sweet Treats Thursdays
Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.