You may remember how I feel about Bailey's Irish Cream. Delish! Delish in my coffee. Delish on my ice cream.
I've seen Irish Cream Brownies popping up on Pinterest lately and decided that I had to try my own version. I have to say...they turned out so good. So very good, like a little bit of Bailey's flavored cheesecake with a fudgey brownie. I ate a few...just to be sure they were tasty enough to blog about. Tasty enough. Check. Check.
So! Bust out the Bailey's, my friends. You can make these brownies and don't forget the Irish Cream Cupcakes-Two Ways. Make them too.
For the brownies, I started out with my favorite brownie recipe and added a layer of creamy, Bailey's infused deliciousness. Enjoy!
Irish Cream Brownies
by Brandy's Baking
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1 cup semisweet and 1 cup bittersweet)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (8oz.) pkgs cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9x13" pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
2. Prepare Brownies: Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and water. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in the chocolate chips, espresso powder and vanilla. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Slowly blend in flour mixture, and mix until batter is smooth and shiny.
3. Prepare Cream Cheese Layer: Place all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour half of brownie batter into pan and spread evenly. Dollop cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter and gently spread until evenly distributed. Spread remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely before cutting.
Inspired by Wee Kitchen.
This post is linked to: Sweet Tooth Friday
Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
- 2013 (4)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)