Friday, March 9, 2012
1:08 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Hello friends! I'm very sorry for not posting in such a long time. I've missed you! I promised to be back to the blog soon, and here I am with chocolatey marshmallow goodness. You forgive me now, no?
S'mores Brownie Bars! For you!
Always with the dessert stacking!? I know. It just works well in photos and I'm not gifted with photography skills...or creativity. :) I usually just want to get a photo as quickly as possible, because the treats have somewhere to be. Ahem...MY BELLY!
Let's talk about these bars, shall we? Have you seen the cute StackerMallows? I don't know if they're a new grocery item or just new to me...I don't get out much. They're flat little rectangle marshmallows that are perfect for instant s'mores and these brownies. They wouldn't do well over a campfire, but that works for me. I have no interest in camps or campfires, or anything else outside for that matter.
Here they are!
If you are not able to find these particular marshmallows, that's okay. You can just cut the large marshmallows in half. You'll still end up with a fabulous brownie.
Give them a try!
S'mores Brownie Bars
by Brandy's Baking
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-28 minutes
Ingredients (9-12 servings)
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs (about a 1 1/2 pkgs)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 25-30 StackerMallows
- or 20 large marshmallows cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch-square metal baking pan with foil or parchment paper and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 6 tablespoons of melted butter in a bowl and mix until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Allow crust to cool on wire rack.
3. Turn the oven temperature up to 400 degrees and prepare the brownie layer.
4. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir often, and remove from heat when a few lumps of chocolate remain. Stir until smooth.
5. Stir in sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in eggs one at a time, followed by flour. Stir until very smooth, about 1 minute, until mixture pulls away from sides of bowl. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 minutes.
6. Layer marshmallows (sticky side down if you're using the large marshmallows cut in half) across the top of the baked brownies and toast under the oven broiler until golden. You must watch this very closely! My marshmallows were toasted within about 30 seconds. Cool completely and cut into 16 (two inch) squares.*These were easier to cut after they had been cooled and refrigerated for several hours. They taste best at room temperature though.Source: My Baking Addiction
Powered by Recipage
This post is linked to: Sweets for a Saturday
Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Labels: Brownies and Bars
- 2013 (5)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.