Wednesday, January 16, 2013
1:11 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Hi friends! I hope you are all having a fantastic 2013 so far. I was just remembering how Brandy's Baking started the new year last year.
Remember these very naughty Rocky Road Brownies?
I think we need to start 2013 off with something sweet too!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
by Brandy's Baking
Ingredients (about 20 cupcakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 (8) ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
InstructionsFor the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.For the Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Using a mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
2. Add in vanilla and then gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from My Baking Addiction
Powered by Recipage
- 2013 (4)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.