Tuesday, January 22, 2013
10:11 AM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Can we talk?
Can we talk about bad TV?
You know how I love it. I love the bad TV.
Billy the Exterminator
and now...now I'm obsessed with
Photo Credit: DCL
Amish Mafia! Who knew, right? It's really a rather interesting show...justice for the wicked, blackmail, barn fights, buggy destruction, and more! And the cast...er, characters...what do we call them? Cast? I'll stick with cast. The guy that makes me laugh the most is the little dude on the left...John. Around here we would say, "awwww, bless his heart...", which translates to: Poor fella, he's not so smart...box of hair and all.
I can't even talk to you about Merlin. He's too scary. And by scary, I mean crazy.
Esther though, I'd like to talk about her. Esther is really the brains of the whole operation, if you ask me. The men don't know it, but she totally runs the show. Go Sister!
Photo credit: DCL
Shall we talk about food now? How about some Pumpkin Pancakes?!
These pancakes made a tasty breakfast! They were so light and full of yummy pumpkin goodness. My kiddos loved them. Makes some!
by Brandy's Baking
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
In a large bowl, combine cake flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir together and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and milk. Slowly drizzle wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring gently with a spoon as you go. Once combined, if mixture needs more moisture, splash in a little more milk. Batter should be pourable.
Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low to low heat. Smear a little bit of butter over the surface and drop tablespoon-sized amounts of batter onto the pan (more if you want larger pancakes.) Wait a minute or so, then flip to the other side. Pancakes should be light golden brown and set in the middle.
Recipe Source: ever so slightly adapted from the great and marvelous Pioneer Woman
Powered by Recipage
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
1:11 PM | Posted by Brandy K | | Edit Post
Hi friends! I hope you are all having a fantastic 2013 so far. I was just remembering how Brandy's Baking started the new year last year.
Remember these very naughty Rocky Road Brownies?
I think we need to start 2013 off with something sweet too!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
by Brandy's Baking
Ingredients (about 20 cupcakes)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 (8) ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 lbs. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
InstructionsFor the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Add dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Whisk in pumpkin puree.
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.For the Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Using a mixer, blend the butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
2. Add in vanilla and then gradually add in the confectioners’ sugar until fully incorporated.
Recipe ever so slightly adapted from My Baking Addiction
Powered by Recipage
- 2013 (4)
- 2012 (35)
- 2011 (123)
- 2010 (10)
Powered by Blogger.